Best Blender for Juicing
Blenders are extremely versatile: they can grind, chop, shred, and, perhaps most importantly, juice. Juicing is a great way to conveniently unlock the vitamins and minerals in an early morning juice drink.
So what are the best blenders for juicing? This article reviews eight of the best blenders for juicing, in our opinion, and assembles the important aspects of each so that you can make an informed decision.
- 12-piece accessory set with larger juicing cups and on-the-go lids
- 600-watts of maximum juicing power
- 1-year warranty for peace of mind juicing
- Cyclonic juicing action for a smoother result
- Pulverizes the toughest fruit and vegetables
- Dimensions: 12 x 7.7 x 15.9
- Weight: 10.75 lbs
- 12-piece accessory set including different size juicing cups
- 240-watts of juicing power
- One-touch operation: just twist and press
- Great for smoothies and juicing
- Available as a larger 15-piece set also
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.5 x 11
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- 7 speed settings for greater juicing control
- Dual direction blade system for better juicing and smoothies
- 1200-watts of maximum power
- 6-cup glass jar
- 24 oz maximum capacity
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 10.2 x 13.9
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Variable speed control for smoother juicing
- Also heats while blending
- Aircraft grade stainless steel blades
- Self-cleaning: just pop some water and detergent in and switch on
- 64 oz maximum capacity for larger families or juicing batches
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 7.2 x 8.8
- Weight: 13 lbs
- 1800-watts of maximum power
- 8 food-grade stainless steel blades for juicing power
- Pulse and variable speed control
- 5-year warranty for juicing peace of mind
- 64 oz maximum capacity for larger juicing batches
- Dimensions: 18 x 15 x 13
- Weight: 12 lbs
- 700-watts of peak power
- Mess-free spout for easy pouring
- Wave action blending system for smoother juicing results
- Stainless steel blades
- 40 oz capacity glass jar
- Dimensions: 14.1 x 8.7 x 12
- Weight: 8.73 lbs
- Intelli-speed motor control senses and maintains optimum blending speed
- 5-year limited warranty for peace of mind
- BPA free materials
- 5 speed settings for better juicing
- 60 oz maximum capacity
- Dimensions: 9 x 8.5 x 16.5
- Weight: 10 lbs
- 1700-watts of power
- Hands-free smart technology
- Heating cycle for soups and sauces
- Easy to clean
- 45 oz cup capacity
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 15.2 x 13.2
- Weight: 14.74 lbs
This NutriBullet model is incredibly popular and comes packed with 600 watts of power. This means you can expect super-smooth juicing when combined with this NutriBullet’s cyclonic action that can obliterate any lumps. It also comes with a 12-piece accessory set that includes a recipe book and an on-the-go juicing cup.
- 12-piece accessory set
- 600-watts of power
- 1-year warranty
- Cyclonic action for smoother juicing
- Very loud when operating
- The motor smells like it’s burning
- One-touch operation
- 1-year warranty
- Available in a 15-piece set
- Build quality issues
- Very loud
- Plastic cup starts to disintegrate
This Oster model has a dual direction blade system that makes juicing effortless. It also means that should the blades bind up you can reverse the action to free them. It has 1200 watts of power, so even the most hardened foods will blend, and Oster is so convinced you’ll be happy with their product that they give you a 3-year satisfaction guarantee.
- 1200-watts of power
- 3-year satisfaction guarantee
- Dual blade system
- 10-year Duralast drive warranty
- Food seeps under the seam and can’t be cleaned out
- Processing function not effective
This Vitamix professional-grade blender has a substantial 64 oz capacity, which is more than enough to satisfy the largest family. It has aircraft quality stainless steel blades that can handle almost anything you throw at it, so juicing will be simple with this blender. This Vitamix is also self-cleaning: just squirt some detergent in the bowl along with some water, turn it on for 30 to 60 seconds, and it’s clean.
- Heats while blending
- Huge capacity for family size juicing
- Stainless steel aircraft quality blades
- Comes with a 7-year warranty
- Expensive compared to blenders in the same class
- Very noisy when operated
- The motor smells of burning
This Cleanblend model has a 64 oz blending jug, and because it is commercial quality, it has 8 stainless steel blades to deal with the hardest of foods. It also has a pulse feature, and variable speed controls so that the juice will be perfect in consistency. This model also comes with a 5-year limited warranty for the ultimate in peace of mind.
- It has a huge capacity
- BPA free jug
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- 1800-watts of power
- Vibrates violently
- The motor can develop a burning smell
- 700-watts of power
- Wave action technology
- 12 blending functions
- Great price
- The lid is temperamental
- Noisy when operated
- Large capacity pitcher
- Clever speed sensing technology
- Sturdy metal base
- 5-year warranty
- It’s very tall so doesn’t fit under standard units
- For the price, the pitcher should be glass
This MagicBullet has sold in thousands and is very popular with consumers. It has a powerful 1700-watt motor that drives the blades so fast that they can actually heat while blending. It has an accessory pack that includes on-the-go juicing cups with lids and a free recipe book to get you started on your healthy juicing journey.
- Very popular with lots sold
- 1700-watts of power
- Comes with a recipe book
- Heat cycle for soups and sauces
- Prone to leaking
- Gives off a burning smell
- Very noisy
Blender for Juicing Buyer’s Guide
When selecting a new blender for your juicing needs, don’t worry so much about the capacity. Rather, think more about wattage and how well the blender performs. Also, try and think about on-the-go convenience. Juicing is usually a morning activity, so naturally busy people need the reassurance of a quick cleanup after they juice. Look for self-cleaning blenders or ones that have dishwasher safe parts.
It can also be beneficial to consider the following aspects:
How well does the blender you’re considering actually juice? It’s easy to get confused by all the clever things blenders do these days, so ask the question: will it juice what I want? In addition, think speed and convenience. What’s it like to clean afterward? Self-cleaning features are welcome at this point.
A good blender should have around 600 to 1500 watts of power. The less wattage, the less likely it will handle whatever you throw at it. Also, make the distinction between actual juicing wattage and the wattage it takes to power the unit.
Some of the newer models like the Bella Rocket Blender has updated the styling form the old blenders that you might remember as a kid. Also, blenders come in really varied colors to match any taste and color scheme. Look at the KitchenAid, and you’ll see what we mean.
You can get blenders that have sensors that detect whatever food type you are mixing, and adjusts the power accordingly without any human involvement. Also, look at the blade technology, like wave action, or cyclonic blending for smoother juicing.
Unlike immersion blenders, where you are lucky to get 1-years limited warranty, blender manufacturers have been generous when handing out warranties. Most offer 5-year limited warranties, and one even gives you a 7-year warranty.
It’s hard to beat brands like MagicBullet and Hamilton Beach for sheer sales numbers. Look on Amazon, and read the comments from their customer base to assess how happy those consumers are with their purchases.
What capacity blender jar would you say is family size?
Look for a jar that holds around 40 oz or more. Most of the professional grade blenders hold 64 oz, and that’s easily enough for the average family.
Are the plastic jars dishwasher safe?
Check with the manufacturer first before putting it into the dishwasher. Most are dishwasher safe, but if you damage the jar in any way by dishwashing it, and it is only fit for handwashing, you could invalidate the warranty. If you’re in doubt, think about getting one with a glass jar instead.
Can you add ingredients to the blender while it juices?
Most blenders have an opening on the lid that lets you add extra ingredients like oil. Check before buying that this is possible.
Try and set your price point somewhere in the middle. If you have the funds, then go expensive and get the best, but on the whole, spending between $80 and $200 should get you a very reliable, and effective blender for your juicing needs.
With that in mind, we have selected the NutriBullet NBR-1201 as our pick for the best blender for juicing. It has the power, the pedigree, and the sales figures to back up the fact that this blender is a great juicer. Some brands offer more substantial warranties or have greater wattage, but when it comes to juicing, nothing comes close to the NutriBullet NBR-1201.