Join the How to Home Team
Join the Team
Hey there! We’re a group of motivated people from all over the world who are passionate about helping people improve their homes.
We do in depth research for our readers and create helpful and actionable how-to guides and product reviews so that they can confidently spruce up their homes and buy the right products. Want to join us on this mission? Check out our job openings below!
We’re HowToHome, and we’re here to help you make your space your own.
– How to Home Team
Type:Full time/part time, remote
Min. Experience Level: Mid-level
How to Home is always on the lookout for talented writers to join our team!
In order to become the number one resource for trusted DIY and home improvement info on the web, we need writers who can create stellar product reviews and info-packed articles and guides for our audience.
Does this sound like you?
- Write articles as well as product reviews (these can be long form articles, listicles, 'how-to' guides)
- Conduct in-depth research of products then present this in long form reviews and Buyer's Guides
- Be responsible for managing own workload and schedule; using Trello to keep track of projects
- Write a minimum of 2 articles per week (~ 2000 words per article)
- Help to update and edit our older articles - providing new information periodically; to make sure we are always up to date with current product releases and DIY trends
- Must have experience writing product reviews - and understand how to present information with commercial intent
- Must be fluent in English
- While we write for people, not search engines - this role still requires a firm grasp of SEO best practices
- Able to write clearly and concisely - presenting complex or sometimes 'un-glamorous' topics (such as articles about HVAC, air conditioners or central heating for example) in a way that is engaging and easy to follow
We are looking for an SEO expert to manage all search engine optimization activities. You will be responsible for managing all SEO activities such as content strategy and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks.
- Perform audits and monitor our site performance and provide guidance for improving it
- Research, implement , and test SEO recommendations
- Assist our editors and writers with their SEO practices
- Identify keywords to drive valuable traffic
- HMonitor keywords and rankings
- 2+ years proven SEO experience
- In depth experience with website analytics tools
- Up-to-date with best SEO practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with affiliate revenue a plus
How To Apply
If interested, please send a résumé and cover letter to [email protected], with the job title in the subject line.
How to Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.